- Location: Yagoona NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Animal Welfare
One full day (apaprox 9am - 5pm) Mon-Fri - more than 6 months
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Working with Animals
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Companionship & Social Support
All training is included, shadowing current Case Workers on visits and basic animal handling
- National Police Certificate *
- Driver's Licence (C)
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The RSPCA NSW Community Programs team has an exciting volunteering opportunity available, which provides a unique opportunity to display and carry-out RSPCA NSW’s ‘one welfare’ approach, while making a real difference in the lives of the most vulnerable members of our community and their pets.
As a Volunteer Case Worker, you will be assisting our Case Workers by helping to conduct regular in-home visits to aged and disability clients across the Greater Sydney Region. Commitment will be one day per week Monday - Friday. The tasks generally include:
- Conducting in-home visits to aged and disability clients, assisting with basic animal care (applying flea and worming prevention, bathing, grooming, nail cutting etc)
- Providing transport to and from veterinary consults, emergency boarding facilities or from the Sydney (Yagoona) office
- Communicating with owners on pet-related concerns or providing feedback after veterinary consults
- Building positive and effective relationships with clients to engage with clients their pets, and reduce loneliness
- Liaise with external agencies regarding delivery of services to clients where required
- Record all client and client-related interactions on required databases
- Providing a continuity of service delivery
- Maintain client confidentiality
- Comply with all Work Health and Safety (WHS) guidelines
- Understand and comply with RSPCA NSW policies and procedures
By volunteering in this role, you will be vital in ensuring a continuous high standard of service delivery to the clients and their pets assisted by RSPCA NSW Community Programs.
Requirements for this role: • Complete a phone screen with our Community Programs team • Complete a National Criminal History Check (costs covered by RSPCA NSW) • Hold a C Class drivers licence • Strong communication skills, both written and verbal • Physical ability to lift up to 10 kilograms • Strong animal handling skills including handling large dogs • Dog grooming experience (desired but not essential) • Ability to follow direction and work in a team environment • Prepared to get a little dirty • Enjoys interacting with people and animals
Benefits: Make a difference in the lives of our elderly and disability clients by helping them provide care, love and support to their animals.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.