- Location: Across: Melbourne VIC, Banyule VIC, Hawthorn VIC, Heidelberg VIC, Docklands VIC, Doncaster VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
10+ hours per fortnight/month (negotiable)
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Online & Remote Volunteers
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Accounting & Finance
- Fundraising & Events
- IT & Web Development
- Translating & Interpreting
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Administration & Office Management
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Companionship & Social Support
- Writing & Editing
• Fair Work Ombudsman Training • Council of Social Services Training • Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Training • Mandate Report Training • Basic Governance Knowledge Training etc.
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
- Driver's Licence (C)
• Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident/New Zealand Citizenship
• Supportive to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities
• Supportive to the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, Asexual or other gender and sexual diversities (LGBTIQA+) Communities
• Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD)
• Have sound Business, Charities and Not-for-Profit experience
• Have competent knowledge and skills with basic Technology, Google Suite, Web designs and browsers, etc.
• Ability to communicate honestly and transparency, with sound knowledge and ability to speak and write in English.
• Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within Australia;
• Great communication and listening skills;
• Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
• Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Tasks and duties
- Analyse company financial data in order to prepare financial reports and cash flow forecasts.
- Maintain fixed asset register, records of assets, tax liability, and profit and loss statements.
- Generate and interpret financial records in order to set and administer budgets within an organisation.
Company Accountants are responsible for undertaking and overseeing monthly and statutory reporting requirements.
Company Accountants work closely with members of management and need to have a clear and effective communication style to ensure all stakeholders have a clear understanding of the finances of the company.