- Location: Coffs Harbour NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Environment & Conservation
SSAL, shall ensure that volunteers are managed within a defined system, by capable personnel with the authority and resources to achieve the organisation’s policy goals. A commitment to “giving time” is all we ask of our volunteers. We work with each individual to determine the most fulfilling way to share time and utilize volunteer skills that can most benefit the organisation.
Full Training and guides available. SSAU have a media team always willing to help, guide and answer any questions.
Respect confidentiality of the Organisation and the privacy of staff, supporters, and other volunteers
• Be reliable and dependable
• Attend orientation and training sessions
• Work within the policies and rules of the organisation
• Ensure you have the time necessary to take on a volunteer position
• Carry out the specified job description
• Be accountable and to accept constructive criticism
• Be committed to the organisation and its values
• Undertake training as requested
• Ask for support when you need it
• Value and support other team members
• Carry out the work you have agreed to do responsibly and ethically
• Follow directions given by supervisors
Objective: Build and grow local supporter base online by creating and posting content on the Coffs Harbour chapter Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts. Supporting documentation: Sea Shepherd Australia Social Media Policy Responsibilities • Promote and highlight local chapter’s activities and achievements • Design posts to engage supporters using correct grammar, spelling and punctuation • Share content from Sea Shepherd Australia / Sea Shepherd Global social media accounts • Share content as requested by National & Chapter Coordinator • Facilitate online conversations with supporters and respond to queries within a timely manner – if unsure about questions, redirect to Head Office by emailing • Stay up to date with changes in all social media platforms to ensure maximum effectiveness • Ensure no material is published or disclosed that is obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, discriminatory or hateful to another person or entity including the Organisation, its officers, directors, employees, volunteers, agents or representatives, its clients, partners, suppliers, competitors or contractors. Social media is one of the biggest tools we have in getting our message out to supporters and potential donors. It is therefore incredibly important to make sure that we maintain a professional image, always stay on message and engage with our following
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.