- Location: Sydney NSW
- Commitment: One off - an event
- Category: Environment & Conservation
A few flexible hours every week
- Travelling Volunteers
- People with disability
- Online & Remote Volunteers
Type of work
- Fundraising & Events
Training & support materials (company and campaign script, contact list template, other support as requested). We want to set you up for success in driving the campaign!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assisting with contacting network (via email, text, phone)
- Assisting in research of prospective new fundraising opportunities
- Explaining project and reason for crowdfunding and need for help
- Maintaining contact list updated
- Following up with contacts
- Keeping track of funding raised
Person specification essentials:
- Enthusiasm and passion for environmental & zero waste causes
- Excellent verbal & writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to write persuasively and communicate passion
- Ability to work flexibly in a team with enthusiasm and commitment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel
- Overall understanding and sympathy in aim of ROF
We are “Reducing our Footprint Inc.” (aka ROF) a not-for-profit start-up that guides urban dwellers towards a more sustainable lifestyle. We created the ROF Journey: a 10-step guide of practical solutions with a simple motto ‘Minimum Effort for Maximum Impact’.
The 10-steps have been developed through 2 years of workshop animations and partnerships with local communities, festivals, schools, businesses, and passionate creatives. We are now ready to scale and reach a broader audience by going digital. We've created a pilot of an online course based on STEP 7 - Embrace Slow Fashion and we need to raise $12,5k to develop the other 9 steps of Journey.
We wish to raise these funds through a crowdfunding campaign.
ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN
Our team is looking for a volunteer to support launching the campaign in June & July across Australia. The successful candidate will engage with a wide network of sustainability & zero waste influencers, environmental organisations and eco brands, as well as other contacts to help raise funds in support of creating the online course.
Enthusiasm and commitment is more important than experience but you’ll need to be a great communicator, able to work independently and be passionate about the environment & making a difference!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Job Purpose: - To work with the ROF team & Co-Founder Anais Perou - To engage with our existing network & promote the crowdfunding campaign - To reach out to new contacts & promote the crowdfunding campaign - To help research new funding opportunities across influencers, brands, organization, foundations, trusts - To raise funds with the ROF team in support of the campaign (target $12.500) - Help market & communicate across our social networks
WHAT WE OFFER IN RETURN
The successful candidate will receive: - Experience in launching a Crowdfunding Campaign - Support to develop specific skills (Social Media Management, Workbook Creation, Content writing…) - Complete Sustainability Online Course + Workbook - Our gratitude and opportunity to work on other projects within ROF - Referral Letter and any support we can offer in future career progressions
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.