- Location: Melbourne VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Arts & Culture
Approximately 8 hours per week.
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Writing & Editing
JOY 94.9 is looking for passionate newshounds to produce our award-winning weekly current affairs show The Informer. It's Australia's only national current affairs show for the LGBTIQA+ community.
We're looking for a volunteer Executive Producer who can lead a team of reporters, correspondents and contributors to produce a high quality weekly program. The show runs in a one hour format on JOY 94.9 on Thursdays and a condensed national version on Wednesdays across the country on the Community Radio Network.
It's a great opportunity for someone with journalism and audio experience to build their skills, lead and inspire others while telling the great stories from the LGBTIQA+ community. All are welcome to apply as long as you are passionate about making a more inclusive Australia.
- Working with the Program Director and Content Coordinator to create a production schedule and direction for the show
- Working with the Assistant Producer(s) for The Informer to build and work with a team of volunteer radio producers to create a weekly, one-hour current affairs radio program focussing on LGBTIQA+ issues
- Managing relationships with key stakeholders, including experts and public figures who may be called on for comment
- Providing media/journalism training and direction to volunteers
- Expanding the station’s current affairs programming with special projects, such as deep dives on issues of relevance to the LGBTI+ communities
- Providing statistical and other reports to team manager as required
Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated community media experience, with particular knowledge of LGBTIQA+ current affairs issues
- High level of engagement in LGBTIQA+ communities’ activities and conversations
- Empathy, sensitivity and understanding of LGBTIQA+ communities
- Passionate about building a more inclusive Australia
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Intermediate skills and experience using Adobe Audition or Hindenburg Journalist is highly regarded.
Click apply - include your CV and a cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria above.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.