- Location: Mareeba QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
Any weekday. Times are flexible and negotiable by your availability to give 2 or more hours.
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
- Groups of 10 or more
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Music & Entertainment
- Companionship & Social Support
An induction, orientation and training will be provided on commencement
Any approved expenses incurred by a volunteer will be reimbursed
- National Police Certificate *
Volunteers must have a certificate of flu vaccination to meet current government regulations.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Bluecare is committed to empowering people through disability services and independent and supported retirement living to live life their way by providing holistic care, service and companionship.
This volunteer opportunity will help us make a meaningful difference by engaging with residents and supporting their day to day activity lifestyle. There are many avenues to contribute using your unique skills and interests.
- One to one visits with residents,
- Assisting the lifestyle officer to facilitate activities or
- Sharing a hobby that residents can participate in,
Benefits of this opportunity include:
- Experience the joy of making a meaningful difference
- Enjoy social interaction with others
- Do something new and different
No specific skills are required but any experience working with seniors would be advantageous. Required training provided at commencement.