- Location: Aberfoyle Park SA
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Health
12-3 pm, Monday, Wednesday or as negotiated
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Tutoring & Coaching
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
This is a new primary care program for patients attending South Australian General Practices. We are looking for people who enjoy helping others with health and lifeskills education to work as part of a team.
We need an experienced group trainer to fine-tune and deliver group programs and support peer mentors in one to one patient care. There are a range of education modules that are being evaluated by an independent university.
The health education training modules are part of chronic disease care plans for people living with ME/CFS, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyaligia and associated conditions. While the position is voluntary, we are seeking funding to better support our trainers and patients.
Experience in health education or adult education programs and an understanding of the health field is an advantage.