- Location: Aberfoyle Park SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Health
Monday, Tuesdays, Wednesday or as negotiated
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Counselling & Help Line
- Tutoring & Coaching
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
This is a new primary care program for patients attending South Australian General Practices. We are looking for people who enjoy helping others with health and lifeskills education to work as part of a team.
We need experienced mentors who enjoy listening and helping people; to provide one to one mentoring and group programs. We support people through email, phone and social media. Many of our groups are now via zoom.
The health education training modules are part of chronic disease care plans for people living with ME/CFS, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyaligia and associated conditions. Next training February 2021 - pre=reading available now
While the position is voluntary, we are seeking funding to better support our health coaches and patients.
Experience in health education or adult education programs and an understanding of the health field is an advantage.