- Location: Millner NT
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Health
Monthly board meetings - 4:30 to 6:30pm
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Governance, Boards & Committees
Orientation & mentoring provided
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
Committee members are expected to attend monthly meetings: participate, listen to others, seek clarification when needed, consider ideas, voice concerns/opinions, and to act in the best interest of the Association and its members. Committee members may be called upon to also sit on sub-committees. Arthritis & Osteoporosis NT is a Not for Profit organisation, providing information and education to those affected by arthritis & osteoporosis.
Essential: Ability to work with a dedicated group of volunteers & maintain confidentiality, and willingness to become a member.
Desirable: Some background in medicine or allied health, previous committee experience.