- Location: Across: Loganholme QLD, Nerang QLD
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Covid-19
To be negotiated with coordinator, roughly 1 hour per week
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Online & Remote Volunteers
Type of work
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Counselling & Help Line
- Companionship & Social Support
Online training provided, eqivelant of 2 days
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
Eligible and willing to apply for blue card, complete police check within organisation, complete equivalent of 2 days on boarding training through online delivery.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Volunteers provide support through regular phone calls or other virtual means,(roughly an hour per week, for a long term commitment of up to 6 months) and link the carer to other supports such as transport or essential items. Volunteer must be empathetic and able to develop rapport through phone conversations. Volunteers needs to have good access to the internet to complete online training, access to emails and use of personal phone. Volunteers are to complete reporting sheet after each phone call back to the program coordinator.