- Location: Strathpine QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Other
One-hour Management Committee meetings are held bi-monthly on the 2nd or 3rd Wednesday of the month. Outside of meetings, up to 4 hours per month may be required to attend planning sessions or other events.
Type of work
- Governance, Boards & Committees
ABOUT MISA COUNSELLING SERVICES
Mens Information and Support Association (MISA) Counselling Services provides counselling for men and their families, as well as behavioural change programs that have a proven track record for positively impacting the lives of the men who participate. At MISA, we pride ourselves on nurturing a team of dedicated and passionate counsellors whose approach is based on the key principles of compassion, respect and accountability. Our organisation has successfully transitioned all of our services to an online service-delivery model during the COVID-19 pandemic, continuing to provide a critical support service for the community.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITIES
MISA Counselling Services is seeking voluntary Management Committee members, including a President, who have one or more of the following skills through their experience with large and small business, NFP entities, or the government sector:
Management Committee presidency
- Preferably in a not-for-profit organisation, and ideally one that operates in mental health, men’s well-being or domestic violence
- Anticipated commitment of 12 to 18 months to provide strategic leadership
- Ability to mentor and coach existing Management Committee members to further secure the future of the Management Committee Succession Plan
Fundraising and business development
- Experience in building strategic alliances to support and secure the organisation’s financial and service delivery future
- Ability to identify growth opportunities for MISA to expand
- Experience in strategic IT infrastructure and application architecture to ensure ongoing security and effective service delivery
- Preferably in the NFP industry
- Experience with contractual and legal matters to ensure MISA’s ongoing compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Ability to provide strategic advice and guidance in relation to risk management
- Ability to provide strategic advice and guidance in relation to Intellectual Property matters
• A willingness to be an active contributor • Passionate about the mental health and wellbeing of men and their families • Strives to work with courage and integrity • Experience in non-profit governance or compliance (preferred but not essential) • Networks useful to the development and growth of MISA Counselling services • Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
ABOUT THE COMMITMENT
• Ideally a minimum 18-month term • The Management Committee meets bi-monthly on the 2nd or 3rd Wednesday of the month at 8am. Due to COVID-19 restrictions these meetings are currently conducted on an online platform. • Management Committee members must attend most meetings and contribute additional time to other activities including pre-reading, community events, sub-committee meetings, organisational activities etc. On average 4-6 hours per month, including meetings and important events.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.