- Location: Fairfield NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Young People
Fridays, 3pm-7pm, 6 months minimum commitment
Training, orientation and ongoing support provided
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
Must be over 18
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
A not-for-profit Affiliated Health Organisation (AHO) which has been providing services to survivors of torture and refugee trauma in NSW for nearly 30 years, is seeking Volunteers to assist with the running of their Youth Program.
About the Role:
- Supervise young people and ensure general health & safety and adherence to rules of conduct
- Build a rapport with young people and listen to their concerns
- Facilitate and participate in games, activities and discussions with young people
- Assist with necessary program set-up and clean-up
- Undertake required record keeping procedures, including reporting verbally to supervisor and completing any relevant program forms
- Communicate with the youth program team leader, youth workers and other volunteers about weekly program activities
- Willingness to participate in the Organisation’s induction program
- Time commitment is every Friday, 3pm-7pm, for a minimum of 6 months
- Honest, good interpersonal skills, attention to detail, collaborative
- Ability to build rapport with young people
- Ongoing commitment to the role and reliability essential
- Basic experience in community work, sports coaching, groups and/or fitness
- Basic experience working with young people of refugee backgrounds
- Good communication skills in English and other community languages
- Ability to volunteer within a multi-disciplinary team
- A fun, friendly and outgoing nature
- Passionate about making a difference in the lives of young people
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, we would love to hear from you!
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.