- Location: Modbury North SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Museums & Heritage
Approximately 3-4 hours/week
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Research, Policy & Analysis
Reimbursement of legitimate expenses
- Driver's Licence (C)
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
The Headstone Project requires the services of a volunteer researcher/investigator to assist with the tracing of families/descendants of former WW1 soldiers. We seek to locate the final resting places of these soldiers, who currently lie in unmarked graves.
When found and verified, we erect a headstone and memorial plaque and hold a dedication service to honor the man's service to Australia. Surviving families and ancestors are integral to our process, as they are required to give their permission to erect a monument on graves. They also become a major part of the dedication ceremony.
The role would particularly suit experienced genealogy researchers or former/retired police investigators.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.