- Location: Sippy Downs QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Sport
This position will require a total of 4 hours per week, 3 hours at weekly session and 1 hour reporting. There will be the possibility of a Saturday morning program introduced later in the year adding an additional 3 hours to the role. Successful applicant will be required to familiarize them selves with the Government, Basketball QLD and USC stadium Covid19 safety requirements. They will need to keep up to date with all changes. The wheelchair Basketball program runs a 3 hour session weekly
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Safety & Emergency Services
- Administration & Office Management
Information provided, Online Training available.
- Working with Children Check *
Successful applicant will be available Wednesday evenings from 6.30pm - 9.30pm, USC stadium Sippy Downs and have their own transport.
Have completed a Covid Safe Certificate, The COVID Safe Sport Coaches & Officials Certification course ensures volunteers take the appropriate measures when conducting sports training sessions. The online course is free and takes approximately 30 minutes.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
SCOPE OF POSITION
Aim: to keep basketball safe for all participants
the Safety Officer is responsible for implementing the government and basketball restrictions and guidelines for the management of the COVID-19 risk in Suncoast Spinners programs.
- One 3 hour weekly program
- Approximately 30 participants
- One court
Reports to: Program Manager/Club committee Members
DUTIES The Safety Officer is responsible to oversee the facility entry and exit points and the “flow” of people (participants and spectators) to, from and at the competition courts.
Entry / Exit and Movement Within Facility
- Implement Mandatory exclusions (those with an active viral illness)
- Give warnings of COVID-19 risk (>65 years or chronic illnesses)
- Record the number of people in the venue and enforce restrictions in relation to social distancing and gatherings and implement clear guidance for smooth movement of attendees within the venue that facilitate social distancing
- Spacing of seating to facilitate gathering control and social distancing of bench and competitors
- Ensure hygiene measure are in place (hand sanitiser, ball rotation, drink containers, towels, etc)
- Facilitate participants’ rapid exit from the court to allow prompt cleaning post-game and restrict entry of next participants until court is clean and empty
- Ensure spectator compliance with social distancing
- Record attendance details for Covid Tracing if required
- For fill all stadium requirements in relation to Covid safety.
- Record regular venue checks and report to the facility/venue manager and competition manager
- Sign-off on the team sheet (optional)
- Process for managing non-compliance by participants (including removal from facility) Facility management
- Toilets (document the cleaning that is in place)
- Change rooms (monitor whether opened or closed, document cleaning routine)
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.