- Location: Across: Western Australia WA, Willetton WA, Geraldton WA, Inglewood WA, Subiaco WA, Fremantle WA, Stirling WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Mentoring & Advocacy
1-2hrs a week, with the opportunity to get more involved if you are available and/or interested.
- People with disability
- Groups of 10 or more
- People Learning English
- Families with Children
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Online & Remote Volunteers
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Writing & Editing
Ongoing mentoring and support
Join a community of like-minded and passionate people and raise your voice to end global poverty!
Our Core Organising Teams lead action on global justice issues during critical moments. You will work with other like-minded people to drive campaign actions in communities, engage decision-makers, raise awareness about important issues, and execute creative tactics to build political and public will to end global poverty.
We're looking for someone who is:
- Passionate about ending poverty, and committed to taking action to build the public and political will to end poverty;
- Excellent at building relationships and who loves to inspire, develop and motivate others;
- A great verbal and written communicator.
What you will get out of:
- Be part of a community of like-minded people committed to creating change;
- Build meaningful relationships across the country with other volunteers and organisations that will see and impacted by your work;
- Develop advanced knowledge in campaign issues such as global health equity, education and economic opportunity;
- Get hands-on experience in the Australian Parliamentary system by working with MPs and their staff;
- Build key skills in community organising, campaigning and advocacy, and coalition-building.
We know our capacity to change increases with diversity. We want to ensure that everyone's individuality can thrive, because you’re at your best when you can be yourself. We encourage applicants with a diverse range of genders, cultures, language groups, abilities, and experiences to apply.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.