- Location: Coffs Harbour NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Emergency Response
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Safety & Emergency Services
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Administration & Office Management
NSW SES provides nationally accredited training and will provide opportunities to gain experience in emergency management. The successful applicant will also undertake a structured induction program upon commencement in the role.
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Are you the next leader the NSW SES is looking for?
We’re recruiting and need great people from our community to lead our team. As a Local Commander you will provide leadership in the development and coordination of Unit Commanders across a cluster of Units to ensure operational delivery and service support requirements are met to achieve the NSW SES Mission and Vision statement.
The role leads a small volunteer team of Commanders ensuring the unit cluster maintains operational capability and manages response operations in accordance with organisational doctrine and legislative requirements. The role also establishes and maintains strategic alliances with emergency service partners and functional support agencies in the local area, and based on the scalability of operations, the Local Commander may form part of a larger Incident Management Team during major operations.
This is a management role most suited to people with management, emergency management or business management background. Ideally you will have good leadership, people management, communication and decision making skills.
The NSW SES provides nationally accredited training, state of the art equipment and resources to carry out your duties. In addition, the NSW SES provides opportunities for deployments across NSW during major operations where you will have the opportunity to demonstrate and enhance your skills. The successful applicants will be supported by staff from the Northern Zone Command Office and an experienced NSW SES mentor. The successful applicants will also undertake a structured induction program upon commencement in the role.
Please provide a written expression of interest (maximum of 2 pages) outlining your skills and or experience on how you meet the following criteria:
- Lead, command and manage response activities related to flood/storm/tsunami incidents in accordance with service doctrine.
- Maintain and build operational capability and capacity within the community, including an understanding of the local hazard and risk within the Coffs Coast area and maintain an appropriate level of membership to manage that risk using affective recruitment and retention strategies.
- Ensure the management of effective administrative and financial activities of the Coffs Coast Units in collaboration with Zone Management Team to ensure adherence to organisational policies, procedures and legislation.
Applications close 3 July 2020