- Location: Sydney NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Environment & Conservation
Whilst all contributions are helpful, MYC is ideally looking for volunteers who could contribute c. 4 hours a week over 3 weeks to help with on-boarding, systems training, etc. Contributions after on-boarding can be more flexible and will largely be driven by the upcoming grants calendar.
- Online & Remote Volunteers
Type of work
- Accounting & Finance
- Fundraising & Events
- Writing & Editing
Familiarity with administrative duties and computer software packages
Excellent knowledge of correct spelling, grammar and punctuation
Attention to detail
Organisation skills, with an ability to stay focused on assigned tasks
Who we are
- Make Your Change™️ (MYC) exists to amplify people-power by connecting and strengthening individual and organisational ‘Change-makers™️’. We are striving to be a positive and driving force that enables the environmental movement in Australia to realise its full potential.
- Make Your Change is giving cause-driven movements an online home with a ‘one-stop shop’ for turning motivation into action. We are building a common place to share information, discover new opportunities, and collaborate to make systemic change possible.
- Justice: We factor resolving injustice against people and all living things in our decision making, and incorporate intersectional environmentalism into everything we do.
- Information: Being informed by credible sources is the key to be both effective and confident.
- Action: We want to focus on positive action and empowerment that achieves outcomes. We turn negative news stories into tangible, effective action people can take.
- Professionalism: We can only win if we are effective in both design and execution.
- People Power: We believe that mass mobilisation of the public is critical to climate and environmental success.
- Make Your Change is seeking the assistance of grants writers who can craft compelling applications and help increase our chances of securing sustained funding. This is a great opportunity to develop your technical writing skills and gain experience with developing funding strategies in a not-for-profit environment, whilst supporting a community that is truly making a difference for the planet.
- We have a range of roles suiting a range of experience levels. You don’t need to be an expert in one or any of the fields below. Enthusiastic volunteers who support the vision will be preferred.
- Whilst all contributions are helpful, MYC is ideally looking for volunteers who could contribute c. 4 hours a week over 3 weeks to help with on-boarding, systems training, etc. Contributions after on-boarding can be more flexible.
What your contribution could look like:
- Writing grant applications that comply with the grant organisation's objectives, while ensuring MYC can meet the grant obligations.
- Building on MYC's existing grants calendar, and updating status of grants and outcomes.
- Liaising with grant organisations and potential partners to ensure appropriate supporting documents are provided.
You should have:
- The ability to understand written requirements and contextualise the requirements of each grant opportunity and what its decision-makers are looking for.
It would be super nice if you have:
- Experience with grants writing, ideally with success in receiving funding.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.