- Location: Sydney NSW
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Environment & Conservation
Whilst all contributions are helpful, MYC is ideally looking for volunteers who could contribute c. 4 hours a week over 3 weeks to help with on-boarding, systems training, etc. Contributions after on-boarding can be more flexible.
- Online & Remote Volunteers
Type of work
- IT & Web Development
Attention to detail
Organisation skills, with an ability to stay focused on assigned tasks
Who we are
- Make Your Change™️ (MYC) exists to amplify people-power by connecting and strengthening individual and organisational ‘Change-makers™️’. We are striving to be a positive and driving force that enables the environmental movement in Australia to realise its full potential.
- Make Your Change is giving cause-driven movements an online home with a ‘one-stop shop’ for turning motivation into action. We are building a common place to share information, discover new opportunities, and collaborate to make systemic change possible.
- Justice: We factor resolving injustice against people and all living things in our decision making, and incorporate intersectional environmentalism into everything we do.
- Information: Being informed by credible sources is the key to be both effective and confident.
- Action: We want to focus on positive action and empowerment that achieves outcomes. We turn negative news stories into tangible, effective action people can take.
- Professionalism: We can only win if we are effective in both design and execution.
- People Power: We believe that mass mobilisation of the public is critical to climate and environmental success.
- Make Your Change is seeking web developers who can bring the best content to the world by building scalable solutions to empower people with beautifully presented information. This is a great opportunity to develop technical skills whilst supporting organisations that are truly making a difference.
- We have a range of roles suiting a range of experience levels. You don’t need to be an expert in one or any of the fields below. Enthusiastic team players that support the vision will be preferred.
- Whilst all contributions are helpful, MYC is ideally looking for volunteers who could contribute c. 4 hours a week over 3 weeks to help with on-boarding, systems training, etc. Contributions after on-boarding can be more flexible.
What your contribution could look like:
- Modifying and developing PHP web templates to bring data to end users in creating and instantly understandable ways.
- Integrating our calendar plugin with third party providers to help create a ‘one-stop-shop’ for events supporting environmental justice.
- Developing intelligent tools that allows open contribution of content to the website.
- Creating frameworks that can dynamically and personally target content for users.
- ...and many other tasks that support the creation of an open source movement.
Where we need help:
- Developing functionality through custom PHP/JS development and extending/integrating other wordpress plugins.
- Developing ETL processes for integrating external data into our data-stores (JSON, Python/Batch Scripts, Zapier/3rd Party Config for Mailchimp, et al)
- Optimise site performance and security (cache configuration, JS optimisation, design support)
- Improve environment management and ALM processes through GIT management, development standards and testing processes.
- Support design thinking processes through helping to estimate technical effort, identifying technologies that may support the mission, and giving feedback on previous development.
You should have:
- Experience in developing, configuring or managing software and environments.
- The ability to understand written requirements and empathise with our end uses.
- The ability to work within the existing technologies, balancing custom development with maintainability and usability for non-technical users.
It would be super nice if you have:
- Wordpress Development experience. Experience with Tribe Events Calendar Suite and Elementor a massive plus.
- API and middleware development experience
- CRM integration experience
- Database management and configuration experience.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.