- Location: Across: Sydney NSW, Perth WA, Melbourne VIC, Hobart TAS, Adelaide SA, Darwin NT, Canberra ACT, Brisbane City QLD, Sydney NSW
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Environment & Conservation
While this is a flexible role, the time required is typically a minimum of 5 hours/week, depending on your speed/accuracy.
- Online & Remote Volunteers
Type of work
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Writing & Editing
Familiarity with administrative duties and computer software packages
Typing speed and accuracy
Excellent knowledge of correct spelling, grammar and punctuation
Attention to detail
Organisation skills, with an ability to stay focused on assigned tasks
Who we are
Make Your Change is giving cause-driven movements an online home with a ‘one-stop shop’ for turning motivation into action. We are building a common place to share information, discover new opportunities, and collaborate to make systemic change possible.
- Make Your Change is looking for Content Contributors to help us update and maintain information on our databases and website. This role is critical in helping our community, and the broader climate change movement, discover information and new opportunities that will turn motivation into action and make systemic change possible.
Where we need your help:
- Data scraping from various sources.
- Compile, verify accuracy and sort information according to priorities to prepare source data for entry.
- Review data for deficiencies or errors, correct any incompatibilities if possible and check output.
- Thorough research and obtain further information for incomplete data.
Your other contributions could also include:
- Generate positive “buzz” and increase brand awareness by sharing MYC content to attract engagement from like-minded people.
- Assist with our fundraising effort by promoting MYC’s official crowdfunding campaign and seeking donations.
- Share with MYC your experiences from attending third-party actions and events that are promoted on our platform.
- Identify suggestions for improvement through testing and auditing MYC’s and other third-party organisations’ platforms.
- Road-test real life climate action solutions and report back your experience, lessons learnt, and recommendations for how they could be made easier to do.
To succeed in the role, you should have:
- A desire to be part of an organisation focused on climate change action.
- A positive, “can-do” attitude with a willingness to work with a team of passionate volunteers.
- Ability to work independently to help get the important stuff done.
- Openness to learning and trying new things.
- Organisation skills, with an ability to communicate progress, and stay focused on assigned tasks.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
While not essential, it would be super nice if you had:
- Experience with work management tools, such as ClickUp, Asana, Trello.
- An understanding of organisations in the environmental and climate movement.
Before you apply:
- Have you looked at our website and read our About Us page yet? Please do this before applying.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.