- Location: Mount Gambier SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Various shifts available from Tuesday to Friday 9am-4pm, Saturday 9am-12pm, full or half days preferred.
- People with disability
- People Learning English
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Work Experience
Type of work
- Retail & Sales
Induction, orientation and on the job training provided
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Looking to volunteer in a retail environment? The Mount Gambier Salvation Army Thrift Shop is looking for new volunteers to help bring HOPE where it’s needed most. Be a part of this by volunteering just a few hours per week as a Retail Assistant in our store.
The Salvation Army Family (TSA) Stores are a vibrant places where great things happen: generous people donate amazing items, customers enjoy an ever-changing selection of goods, volunteers gain friendships and share experiences, all whilst raising much-needed funds to assist the most vulnerable in your community. You can be a part of this by volunteering a few hours per week as a Retail Assistant helping with sales, merchandising and quality control.
A typical day as a retail assistant will see you attending to customer needs whilst maintaining a welcoming environment, contributing to a positive in-store experience. The Family Store Assistant supports the Store Manager in operations of the store ensuring quality customer service, processing donations as well as maintaining the general appearance and upkeep of the store area. Equally important, all Family Store Assistants are responsible for fostering a culture of inclusiveness and community spirit amongst the volunteer team, which will in turn enhance the customer experience in the store.
We have a FABULOUS shop and an AMAZING team that will make your time with us both fun and rewarding. If you are a little out of practice or are brimming with confidence or somewhere in between, we will gladly welcome you and look forward to working together.
Qualifications & Experience Requirements For The Role
- Customer service, retail or merchandising experience would be beneficial, but not essential as on the job training and induction are provided for the right candidates
Mandatory Requirements Of The Role
- Fully complete The Salvation Army's volunteer registration process
- Criminal History Check (Police Check)
- Complete TSA mandatory training and induction modules, and any other training as required
Roster & time commitment
- Various shifts available from Tuesday to Friday 9am-4pm, Saturday 9am-12pm, full or half days preferred
- Please indicate your availability with your expression of interest
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.