- Location: Caulfield VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Covid-19
Type of work
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
- National Police Certificate *
You must be aged between 21 and 79 to volunteer as a HammondCare Residential Concierge.
All volunteers must have a current flu vaccination after 1st May, so you must be willing to have the shot and/or provide documentation confirming you’ve had the vaccination recently.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
HammondCare is an independent charity, specialising in dementia care. We're passionate about improving the quality of life for people in need and we have a wonderful group of volunteers that make a difference in the lives of aged care residents.
As a Residential Care Concierge Volunteer you'll be welcoming visitors to HammondCare during the current Covid19 pandemic. As you volunteer each week, you’ll be responsible for
- Welcoming visitors to aged care home.
- Review each visitor against the entry criteria.
- Provide access to visitors that comply.
- Restrict access to visitors who don’t comply and explain to them why.
- Document visitor access and those where access has been denied.
- Take a visitor's temperature and check that they hold a current flu vaccination certificate
This volunteer role will suit someone aged 79 years or under, who has
- Excellent customer service and communication skills- including clear verbal communication
- Empathy and patience
- Capacity to relate to a diverse range of people
- Drivers license & ability to travel to nominated HammondCare sites
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A current flu vaccination or be willing to have a flu vaccination
- Willing to wear a face mask
The time commitment is at least one visitor session each week for 6 months or longer We can talk to you about a time that suits you on Monday to Sunday,
- 10:00am to 11:30am
- 3:00pm to 4:00pm
- 6.30pm to 8:00pm
We'll provide training and support from an onsite Volunteer Coordinator. Successful applicants will be required to complete a police background check which we’ll arrange.
When you submit your enquiry, please include details on why you're interested in volunteering.