- Location: Coburg VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
6 month commitment. Time and availability can be negotiated The agency currently open from 10am – 1pm Mon, Tue and Thur. However, the agency is looking to increase opening hours into the future.
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
Type of work
- Counselling & Help Line
- Accounting & Finance
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
On the job training and mentoring
• A desire to help vulnerable and disadvantaged members of our community
• Able to work effectively with people from various socio-economic levels and cultural backgrounds
• Good listening and communication skills
• Computer literacy
• Able to work well within a team environment
• Complete National Police Certificate and Working with Children Check
• Commitment to continue to build upon knowledge and experience by attending 4 meetings or training sessions per year.
CIS Moreland is a branch of Community Information and Support Victoria, an independent not-for-profit organisation. CIS Moreland provides information, support, referrals and emergency relief to people within the City of Moreland. The service is free, confidential, impartial and independent. We respect everyone's right to make their own decisions.
The NILS program provides individuals and families on low incomes with access to safe, fair and affordable credit. Loans are available for essential goods and services such as fridges, washing machines, car repairs and medical procedures.
As the NILS Volunteer you will be responsible for:
- Send out loan application packs; including information on NILS
- Perform NILS loan interviews according to policies and procedures
- When needed provide appropriate information, advice and support or referrals
- Perform all program administration
- Follow established agency policies and procedures as required
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.