- Location: Oakleigh VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
12 month commitment. Weekdays/times negotiable dependent upon applicant and need.
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
Type of work
- Counselling & Help Line
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
On the job training and mentoring
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
• A desire to help vulnerable and disadvantaged members of our community
• Good listening and communication skills
• Undertake and successfully complete a 50 hour nationally accredited training course.
• Basic computer literacy
• National Police Certificate and Working with Children Check
• Commitment to continue to build upon knowledge and experience by attending 4 meetings or training sessions per year.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Monash-Oakleigh Community Support and Information Service is a not for profit community based organisation that provides information, advice, referral and emergency relief to those in need within our community.
They provide resources and support to people on low incomes who may be experiencing financial hardship.
Volunteer Community Support Workers provide support within the agency and have the following key duties:
• Greet clients in a warm and welcoming manner • Maintain and respect a client’s right to privacy and self-determination. • Undertake a holistic assessment of the client’s needs in order to provide the most appropriate assistance. • Advocate and negotiate with or on behalf of client when required. • Maintain accurate client records • Work within a team environment
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.