- Location: Across: Marrickville NSW, Balmain NSW, Concord NSW, Lewisham NSW, Erskineville NSW, Mosman NSW, Tempe NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
3-4 hours per week flexible
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Safety & Emergency Services
- Food Preparation & Service
- Administration & Office Management
Induction and orientation will be provided.
Are you a current or retired health professional (such as a nurse, paramedic or first aid officer) who is keen to continue serving your community?
With the anticipated lifting of the COVID-19 restrictions, we will be re-opening our centres which pack and distribute surplus bread donated by bakeries.
To prioritise the safety of our volunteers, and our products, we are seeking volunteers with health-related experience for each of our centres.
Duties will include:
- measure and record the temperature of each volunteer using a non-contact thermometer
- maintain an onsite contact register of all attendees
- set out workplace mats to maintain social distancing
- monitor regular handwashing by all volunteers
- ensure that volunteers demonstrate appropriate food safety procedures while handling bread
- oversee hygienic cleaning of all surfaces and equipment at the end of shift
The Health and Safety Officer provides volunteers with a point of contact to discuss their concerns, and access to support services. A proven ability to work both independently and as part of a small team is required. You will need to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and have strong attention to detail.
Benefits: Volunteering allows you to connect to your community and make it a better place. Dedicating your time as a volunteer, helps you make new friends, expand your network, raise your self-confidence, improve your social and work skills and achieve a natural sense of accomplishment.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.