- Location: St Kilda VIC, St Kilda East VIC, South Melbourne VIC, Port Melbourne VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Type of work
- Fundraising & Events
- Food Preparation & Service
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Port Phillip Community Group provides a range of centre-based and outreach programs and services that include:
- Information, referral and support
- Emergency relief, material aid and financial counselling
- Community development and personal advocacy
- Pathways to education and employment
- Social advocacy regarding inequity, social exclusion and poverty
We operate from four sites in the City of Port Phillip – St Kilda, St Kilda East, South Melbourne and Port Melbourne. Our key target groups are individuals and communities often with complex and several issues, and primarily are on low income, often with significant disabilities, in crisis, and/or presenting with social and financial issues or socially isolated and/or marginalised.
You will need good people skills, the ability to engage with people from diverse backgrounds, strong administration skills, a willingness to share their skills and knowledge and a commitment to social justice and equity.