- Location: Wangaratta VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Time frame: ongoing, 6 month minimum commitment Time commitment: Varied hours on weekdays, daily roster system to suit individual availability
Type of work
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Driving & Transportation
Volunteer induction and role specific training will be provided.
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
- Time frame: ongoing, 6 month minimum commitment
- Time commitment: Varied hours on weekdays, daily roster system to suit individual availability
The program Red Cross provides a door to door transport service for people who are elderly and have no means of transport to non-urgent medical appointments.
The opportunity Driving a Red Cross fleet vehicle you would transport eligible clients (often several in one day) from their homes to and from essential medical appointments locally and in Melbourne.
- Must hold a current and valid drivers licence
The impact As a Patient Transport volunteer you’ll help improve the quality of life and wellbeing of people who are elderly by connecting them with essential health services. Red Cross will ensure you have training, ongoing support and access to other opportunities within the world’s largest humanitarian network.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply