- Location: Queensland QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Animal Welfare
- Online & Remote Volunteers
Type of work
- Accounting & Finance
- Governance, Boards & Committees
Essential Experience and Skills
The successful applicant will have
● At least 5 years of relevant experience in an accounting role, preferrably in a not-for-profit
● At least 2 years experience using MYOB or Xero for accounts payable and receivable
● At least 2 years of experience using Paypal to process payments and reciepts
● Tertiary qualifications in MYOB, accounting and/or finance
● Excellent written and verbal communication
● Ability to work autonomously
● Excellent time management skills and ability to meet strict deadlines
● Be an ambassador of our mission and uphold our commitment to responsible pet ownership
● Volunteers must have the right to work / volunteer in Australia
● Minimum Diploma in Accounting
● Honesty and Reliability - You will be working on your own as a virtual volunteer with little supervision, so your integrity is important.
● Respect for others and their time - Everyone is going above and beyond their usual responsibilities to volunteer so be respectful.
● A passion to contribute and commit to this role long term.
Furry Friends Animal Rescue Organisation QLD (FFARQ) is a not-for-profit organisation that promotes animal welfare by providing temporary foster homes for homeless pets, adopting them to qualified homes and reducing overpopulation through the desexing of all animals.
Furry Friends operates remotely, with animals being carefully placed with volunteer Foster Carers until they are adopted rather than operating a traditional shelter model.
. Work with the President to develop and implement Treasury systems and procedures that will improve the relevance, quality and accuracy of statutory and management reporting. • Lead and inspire a team of staff to deliver on challenging administrative goals. • Liaise with external advisors such as the organisation’s Tax Accountant, Auditor and Legal Advisor • Prepare annual departmental income and expenses budgets in conjunction with the President and Team Leaders • Manage the general overhead budget and monitor and report on expenditure • Manage and support the organisation’s Accounting System, Xero • Produce and present departmental reports to the Executive Committee • Produce and present the Executive Committee Quarterly Report to the Executive Committee • Identify opportunities for, and implement, continuous process improvements • Develop and implement Treasury policies and procedures • Develop and nurture internal and external relationships to deliver on the organisation’s strategic plan • Prepare and facilitate the implementation of the Organisation’s Business Plan . Other administrative and financial duties as required • Must be available to attend various meetings including: - Fortnightly Treasury Meeting - Monthly General Meeting - Annual General Meeting
5-10 hours per week for a minimum of 6 months. This involves monitoring our inbox at least every 2 days to process payments and receipts.
The successful candidate must be able to commit to the role for a minimum of 6 months, however due to the time it takes to onboard & train volunteers we would prefer a candidate who foresee's themselves volunteering with the organisation long term.
You will require (at your own expense) a reliable computer, mobile phone, internet and anti-virus; as well as a Facebook account (or the ability to create an account).