- Location: Anywhere
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Emergency Response
Hours: 3-6 hours per week.
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Safety & Emergency Services
- Administration & Office Management
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
- National Criminal History Check
- Working with Children Check
- 2 reference checks
- Must live local to the Yarra Ranges, Victoria.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Yarra Ranges Emergency Relief Network was established in 2010 when over 25 organisations that provided emergency relief to residents of Yarra Ranges joined forces to share information, ideas advice and resources.
The Network is open to all community organisations and is an agency run network supported by the Yarra Ranges Council.
The role of Volunteer Secretary is to support the YRERN committee and membership to fulfill their purpose. The role can be home or office based.
Principal Responsibilities – During COVID-19
- Attend Thursday whole membership meetings via Zoom every three weeks (1.5-2 hours)
- Attend weekly committee meetings of the YRERN via Zoom (1-1.5 hours, generally Monday afternoons)
Non COVID-19: Full member meetings are once a quarter on a Tuesday or Wednesday at a venue provided by a host member agency (3 hours including set up and pack up)
- Complete meeting administration tasks including preparation of meeting attendees, minutes and agenda
- Keep YRERN master list up to date
- Responsible for collecting agenda items for all meetings
- Responsible for all communication to YRERN members on behalf of the Committee
- Support membership to access meetings via Zoom and to access other technology
- Respond to emails and welcome new members
- Promotion to members of other member’s events
- Help members develop relationships with each other
To ideal super secretary, will need to have:
- A qualification in administration support or welfare or a relevant discipline, or related experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated organisational and management skills including interpersonal
communication and written skills
- Experience supporting vulnerable people in the community,
- Experience in working with volunteer workers and commitment to the delivery of services by volunteer workers,
- Familiarity with Yarra Ranges Council community organisations and services, current needs and awareness of government policies and processes,
- Well-developed computer literacy skills including Office 365 suite.
If you think you the person we are looking for, we'd love to hear from you!