- Location: Para Hills SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
30 September 2019, 08:30am-04:30 pm
Type of work
- IT & Web Development
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Administration & Office Management
Disability support Training
All travelling cost reimbursed
Please Note: As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance)
The learning creative charity organisation is relatively new, founded in 2017. Due to lack of experienced managerial staff the organisation finds itself in need of volunteers to help with its overall management - we need, administrative officers, chief executive officer, services manager, operation manager, services coordinator, information technology, accountants, grants seeking officer, a NDIS officer, and a marketing officer. The learning creative skills is very flexible on volunteering days and with roles that volunteers would like to undertake depending on one's skills and abilities.
Due to the current situation with Covid-19, we will prioritise the wellbeing and protection of our volunteers by ensuring they are not exposed or involved in large gathering situation. This is why we have changed our business model to an invidualised supported employment based on one to one approach. All our volunteers will be encouraged to use protective masks and appropriate hand sanitisers provided by us in order to minimise the risks of contamination. We also encourage our Volunteers to adopt working from home model whilst they support us rather than attending the workplace.
- Experience in the community services or disability field but not essential.
- Qualifications of disability or community work but not essential.
- Computer literate.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to work with people from the diverse communities including people from Non-English backgrounds.
- Good attitude required.
- Optimistic with a passion to assist people with disabilities.
- Creative person but not essential.
- Driver's Licence
- National Police Certificate