- Location: Melbourne VIC
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Covid-19
We anticipate approximately one document (approximately 4 A4 pages) per week for the above languages. * Please note that time required may vary as the project develops.
- Skilled Volunteers
- Online & Remote Volunteers
Type of work
- Translating & Interpreting
The volunteer would be required to work from home using their own personal laptop and be able to interview and attend meetings via Zoom and use WhatsApp for group messaging.
The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of Streat/Moving Feast.
As a Volunteer Translator, you will be responsible for the translation of English written documents into one of the below languages. These documents will be used to support vulnerable individuals and families living in Victoria to access information about how to maintain healthy self, mind and overall wellbeing whilst living in isolation. As a volunteer translator, you will play an essential role in ensuring that language is not a barrier to the access of information or services. If this sounds like an opportunity for you, we would love to hear from you!
Core Duties: Translate English documents into one of the following languages:
- Dari And (a different person) to reverse-translate the translated information, to ensure the meaning has translated as well as the words. We anticipate approximately one document (approximately 4 A4 pages) per week for the above languages.
Skills & Experience
- Experience in written translation
- Relevant qualifications would be a bonus
- Proficient writing and typing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Desire to achieve outcomes in the best interests of the community