- Location: Across: Gold Coast Mc QLD, Tweed Heads NSW, Illawarra VIC, Bogangar NSW, Wendouree VIC, Moorland NSW, Port Macquarie NSW, Bonny Hills NSW
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
1-3 hours a week.
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Online & Remote Volunteers
Type of work
- Working with Animals
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Driving & Transportation
- Safety & Emergency Services
- Counselling & Help Line
- Fundraising & Events
- Garden Maintenance
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Food Preparation & Service
- Trades & Maintenance
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Music & Entertainment
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
Inductions and training is provided, as well as access to a wealth of online learning and short courses.
This opportunity is open to those over the age of 18 only.
With In Great Company, becoming someone’s kindness ‘dream-weaver’ means helping to build a network of support around them, from asking their neighbours to check-in, seeing what they can get delivered locally, to assisting them to access online activities.
It also means you can make a direct contribution by assisting us to provide random one-off support to thousands of seniors in YOUR community, including helping to collect or drop off items, food, prescriptions and delivering them to the client’s door.
These volunteer opportunities have ‘all the feels’, and the difference you can make at these uncertain times as a ‘Random Acts of Kindness Warrior’ are absolutely worth their weight in gold.
These volunteer opportunities are focused on our clients who live independently in their home in the community, and who will be facing a self-isolating or lockdown situation in the coming weeks. These individuals need our support to ensure they are not completely isolated and forgotten about, and that they can get essential items or just a happy and comforting chat.
What does our ideal volunteer look like?
- Embodies a friendly and cheerful volunteer spirit
- Able and willing to travel to one of our villages
- Thrives on helping others
- Contributes to the greater success of the organisation and is always willing to go the extra mile without being asked
- Operates with integrity, open-mindedness, and respect, ensuring the privacy, confidentiality, and dignity of our clients is maintained at all times
- Energised by interacting and engaging with people
- Ready to smash stereotypes around ageing
Work Perks (the good stuff!):
- Help us by supporting our client's families to have safe and continuing experiences visiting them in their village home
- Refreshments for all volunteers on site on each shift
- A chance to earn one of our exciting new In Great Company Tee-shirts
- Meet new people, make new friends, hear and share exciting stories
- Improve employment prospects
- Spend quality time enjoying new and exciting social and cultural experiences
- Knowing your efforts volunteering for an award-winning not-for-profit organisation support an essential community service
- Be part of an organisation who’s shaking up the aged care industry
- Plus meaningful experiences where you know you are making a positive impact in the local community every day
If you’re motivated to contribute positively to your community then we would love to hear from you!
We encourage people with disability, lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Variety is the spice of life - everyone is welcome and everyone matters at Feros Care. We are proud to be an inclusive organisation, embracing all people, regardless of ethnicity, culture, gender, identity, sexual orientation or disability.