- Location: Kew VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Education & Training
9.30am-12.15pm Saturdays of Victoria School Term 1-4
- Skilled Volunteers
- Online & Remote Volunteers
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Working with Children Check *
- Driver's Licence (C)
Given the current situation with Covid-19, this position is temporarily suitable for Online and Remote Volunteers (preferably using ZOOM application on laptop) for online teaching until our school returns to physical teaching in the classroom.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of Chinese Fellowship Chinese School.
Our school invites potential applicants to join our teachers team. Students range from Kindergarten to VCE class learning Chinese (Mandarin).
Applicants MUST have the following:
- MUST be a resident of Victoria to express interest in this volunteer position
- Australian permanent resident status or in the process applying for a PR visa
- Hold or be eligible to apply for a Working with Children Card
- Have a Bachelor Degree or Education Diploma or Chinese Language Teaching Certificate or LOTE Training Certificate or Australian overseas academic accreditation equivalent
- Speak Mandarin with Pinyin and English fluently
- Chinese (Mandarin) language teaching experience
- able to prepare weekly tuition class, assignments, exam papers
- Working skills in Microsoft Office Word & Excel
- other interests in artworks, children plays, stories, music, dancing
- Driving licence to work
- Applicants with a Victorian Institute of Teaching registration or in the process applying for a VIT.
Note: Applicant' s "original" Australian Entry Visa Notice, passport, Working-With-Children-Check card, Academic qualification awards/prints, Further Education Admission Notice, passport photo are required for sighting certification.