- Location: Sinnamon Park QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
Type of work
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Companionship & Social Support
Orientation and on the job training is provided.
- National Police Certificate *
All police checks are provided and paid for by Wesley Mission Queensland.
All volunteers in residential aged care are required by legislation to have a current influenza vaccination. This is a mandatory requirement and proof is required.
All applicants will be required to complete an online registration form which will be forwarded to them when their expression of interest is lodged with us.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Address: Dovetree, Sinnamon Village Aged Care Community, 620 Seventeen Mile Rocks Road Sinnamon Park, QLD 4073.
Are you looking for something fun to do while meeting new people and building friendships with elder residents in aged care communities?
Dovetree at Sinnamon Village Aged Care Community is seeking enthusiastic Elders Companions to assist with various activities throughout the week. This includes spending time with elder residents:
- Visiting the onsite cinema and watching a movie on Mondays between 1:30pm to 3:30pm
- Visiting the onsite church service and enjoying the service on Thursday morning between 9:30am and 12noon or Thursday afternoon between 1:30pm and 3:30pm
- Cooking a scrumptious BBQ lunch onsite on Tuesdays between 11am to 1pm
- Going on fun bus trips out in the community each Wednesday between 1pm and 3:15pm.
These activities assist elder residents by improving emotional health, reducing stress, and promoting a sense of well being and connectedness. Most importantly bringing joy and creating smiles for all involved!
Elder Companions also assist residents by:
- Encouraging independence, friendship, and fun
- Being spontaneous and sharing life experiences
- Providing companionship and a sense of belonging
- Communicating resident feedback to staff to enhance resident enjoyment.
This volunteering role is suitable for people who have excellent communication skills and display a calm and empathetic manner towards others. This volunteering role is a wonderful way to make a difference in the lives of our elderly, while making friends, having fun and learning new skills. This program is located within the Sinnamon Village Aged Care Community where the residents enjoy a wonderful sense of life, fun, and friendship.
Sinnamon Village has embraced the internationally-recognised Eden Alternative Philosophy of Care and is a welcoming and rewarding place to volunteer where you will meet many wonderful people and learn great new skills that may assist you both personally and professionally. There are lots of other benefits to volunteering with us as well, such as:
- Great education opportunities
- Exclusive shopping discounts
- Access to online and face-to-face wellness advisors
- Free Flu Vaccinations
- Invitations to social events
- Being part of a team that really is making a difference in the lives of seniors in our Aged Care Communities.
To learn more about Sinnamon Village please visit our website.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.