- Location: Stirling ACT
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Weekly visits by mutual arrangement would be highly beneficial. A minimum of fortnightly visits for 12 months.
- People Learning English
- Families with Children
- Centrelink Volunteers
Type of work
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Companionship & Social Support
Induction Training and Optional training offered each year.
Capped mileage and mandatory flu vaccination reimbursement up to $20 per volunteer, applicable to face to face visits only.
- National Police Certificate *
- Video or phone interview
- Provision of certified ID documents by email for National Police Check or current National Police Check
- Referee check conducted by organisation
- Working With Vulnerable People registration as per ACT Government's requirements (registration for volunteers is free via Access Canberra)
- Mandatory annual flu vaccination for face to face visits only
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Multiple Sclerosis is funded to provide a volunteer visiting program – the community Visitors Scheme (CVS). Volunteer visitors share stories, go for a stroll or have a cuppa, listen to music or play a game. Our volunteers play a vital role in the life of a person living in an aged care home through ongoing friendship.
We have a lovely 95-year-old Lebanese born lady living in Stirling who would enjoy a female volunteer for social support visits. She loves chatting about her family, cooking, pets and going for a stroll. Or enjoying a coffee in the facility café and reading the newspaper. Our recipient was an active member of her NSW hometown through charitable fundraising, teaching and founding a local Soroptimist International branch.
You need to be warm, caring, reliable and willing to commit to at least fortnightly visits for a minimum of 12 months.
Good English communication skills are required and second language in Lebanese is desirable.
MS Community Visitors Scheme (ACT)
MS are actively seeking referrals for anyone living in an aged care home who is experiencing social isolation and loneliness. We have several volunteers who are willing to connect with your loved one. Individuals, friends and family can refer recipients to our program via our website and searching 'CVS'.