- Location: Across: Sydney NSW, Brisbane City QLD, Canberra ACT, Melbourne VIC, Adelaide SA, Perth WA
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Health
5 - 10 hours per week, may increase during peak campaign periods. The position will report to the Executive Board of Directors.
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
Type of work
- IT & Web Development
- Marketing, Media & Communications
- Writing & Editing
The position holder will be required to own and maintain their own reliable personal computer, telephone and internet access.
Position Responsibilities We’re looking for two specialists who live and breathe social media, to work together and take the reins of our social media department.
Together, you will be responsible for the development and management of the company’s online marketing strategy, as well as the creation of digital marketing tactics and assets alongside our current content writer.
- Bring new ideas and concepts to the table - share your creativity and passion for social media with the Board of Directors, in the development and roll-out of online marketing strategies.
- Hands-on, end-to-end management of social media platforms, producing content and campaigns for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, search engines and advertising campaigns to drive website conversions.
- Coordinate the production and scheduling of remarkably written/compiled visual content that promotes the LDAA’s mission, across various social media platforms, of which generates web-traffic and builds an online community.
- Day-to-day management of social media platforms and ad campaigns.
- Assist with the company's SEO and SEM.
- Imagery and video compositing for online distribution, including the company website.
- Plan and manage content calendars.
- Assisting in-house writers with content development for educational and marketing media.
- Measure and report on engagement across social media channels, with experience in Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Business Manager, Ads Manager and other social media management tools, in order to inform future content, as well as demonstrate the effectiveness and impact of social media strategy.
- General departmental duties, such as using the company's CMS; collaborating with the IT department in updating content onto the LDAA website, as well as write, edit and proof-read content.
- Keep up-to-date with advances in social media technology and the latest social media platforms.
You will have the assistance of junior marketing volunteers to lend a hand with research, content creation and scheduling, however ultimately the two successful applicants will share the role of being the social media chief. Once you are up to speed, together you’ll oversee and manage the social media team.
- A strong strategic understanding of social media and content marketing.
- An editorial mindset that seeks to understand what our target audiences consume, and how to create content that appeals to them.
- A strong capability to develop, upload and optimise Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, search engines and advertising campaigns to drive website conversions.
- Knowledge of how to plan, run and report on paid and organic social campaigns across various platforms.
- Designing and scheduling social media posts - ability to organise and develop social media calendars.
- Highly proficient using the Adobe Creative Suite.
- An understanding or experience using website Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Strong experience with Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Business Manager, Ads Manager and other social media management tools.
- Demonstrated experience in developing email marketing campaigns.
- Experience in building social advertising campaigns that work!
- Comfortable identifying and working with digital tools and platforms to generate results.
- Ability to collaborate with in-house content writers to develop digital assets.
- Understanding linking of website sales to the social media platforms.
- Ability to write, edit and proof-read content.
- Formal training in creation of digital media across a variety of platforms, tertiary qualifications in marketing, business or similar preferred, though not essential.
- Passionate about digital marketing and social media marketing.
- Have a proactive, analytical mindset, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to be self-managed and work independently, whilst also being capable of collaborating with and working alongside others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a strong story-telling ability and a flair for writing 'killer' social media captions.
- Can-do attitude, good problem solving, and self-motivated to fulfil pre-agreed objectives.
- Enjoys the freedom of flexible working hours!
What you will get out of it For experienced applicants, this is an opportunity to work closely with an Executive Board, from this perspective you up-skill yourself by gaining invaluable experience for your own professional career.
Meanwhile, this position is also a great opportunity for new graduates, or those whom have the knowledge-base, skill and ability in the required areas, and are eager to gain work-experience in the field.