- Location: Geelong VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Sport
Minimum 2 years Approximately 2 hours per week and attendance at Club LT meetings. Must be available evenings and weekends.
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Work Experience
Type of work
- Governance, Boards & Committees
Support will be provided in relation to the role
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Club Vice Chair will work collaboratively with the Chair to ensure the Club is operating effectively
Acting as the primary communications coordinator for the Club, the Vice Chair will provide constructive support to ensure that members are able to contribute effectively in their roles and ensure operational objectives are being met.
The Vice Chair may be required from time to time to stand in as Chair and fulfil those duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated leadership experience in business, or an equivalent organisation, with a proven track record in developing strong working relationships across a broad spectrum of stakeholders
Key Responsibility Areas
- Provide timely and expedient Club communications to members as required
- Provide effective support to the Chair in facilitating Club LT meetings
- Fill in as the Chair where necessary and fulfil the responsibilities required of the Chair
- Act as an ambassador and spokesperson for the Club where required
- Oversee compliance with the SOA code of conduct by all members of the Club
- Compliance with all WH&S legislation and SOA WH&S Policy
Competencies, Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Minimum of 3 years relevant business or leadership experience
- Previous experience as a Chair or Vice Chair in a comparable organisation
- Previous experience with a not for profit or disability organisation
Police Checks and Reference Checks are an essential requirement of this role.