- Location: Gailes QLD
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
There is no minimum time requirement, volunteering days and times are flexible.
Type of work
- Retail & Sales
- Driving & Transportation
- Food Preparation & Service
We hold monthly volunteer meetings.
A $25 petrol gift card is provided to the driver that attends Foodbank. The volunteers of our program also have the ability to access our food shop.
- Working with Children Check *
- Heavy Lifting
- Driver's Licence (C)
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Gailes Community House is looking for dedicated volunteers to help with the running of our Budget Grub Hub (low-cost food shop). There is no minimum time requirement, volunteering days and times are flexible, and there is no cost to you as the volunteer. You will be required to have a Blue Card or the ability to obtain one (you can apply though our organisation).
In regards to our Budget Grub Hub - we source our food from Foodbank in Morningside between the hours of 9am-1pm Monday-Wednesday. We also source bread from a Bakery in Darra with pick up occurring on a Tuesday evening at 6.30pm (the bread would need to be dropped off on Wednesday morning when we open up), so we are needing:
- Volunteers with vehicles to go and pick up stock and bring it back to Gailes;
- Volunteers to go as passengers to help with picking up stock;
- Volunteers to help on Wednesday's between 9.30am-10.30am and 1pm-2.30pm with bagging food items and the setting up of the shop ready for Thursday morning; and
- Volunteers to help on Thursday's between 9.30am-2.30pm with the running of our actual shop (this includes putting out and packing up stock, prepping, helping customers, etc).
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.