- Location: Lynbrook VIC
- Commitment: One off - a few hours
- Category: Health
The Giggles Cooking Group takes place every second Wednesday of the month for 3 hours.
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Food Preparation & Service
Volunteer Induction Greeting and Guiding Training Role Specific Training
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Giggles Cooking Group are looking for volunteers to help support their low vision and blind clients prepare food and meals as required. Assisting with reading out printed material and other duties as requested by the group facilitator.
In this role you will need
- strong communication skills
- interpersonal skills
- team work skills
You will also have the capacity to:
- work with people who are blind or have low vision.
About Us Vision Australia provides services to people with varying degrees of vision loss. Our services meet the diverse and changing needs of the individual over a lifetime. At Vision Australia (VA), volunteers are an integral member of our workforce who commits time and skills, without remuneration to assist VA in achieving its mission. We recognise that volunteers are important to the sustainability of VA. Our volunteers provide essential support to our clients and staff.