- Location: Cranbourne East VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
This volunteer role is every Thursday from 12.30pm to 2.30pm
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People Learning English
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Food Preparation & Service
- Seniors & Aged Care
Induction training is provided before commencement. Other training is also provided throughout the year.
Travel cost may be reimbursed Police check conducted by SMRC at no cost to the volunteer. Working With Children Check is also required.
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
A food handling certificate would be preferred.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
SMRC is a community service organisation that provides extensive and essential services to refugees and migrants in Melbourne’s South and East.
Our Social Support groups offers social opportunities to CALD people living at home. We encourage and support participants in living a healthy lifestyle through physical activities, nutrition and emotional well-being. Your contribution will help increase our clients connection with the community and enhance their physical well-being. This volunteer role assists with the following
- Assisting with morning tea
- Engage in conversation with clients as appropriate
- Setting/ clearing tables
- Assisting Warm Water Exercise Program participants as directed by staff.
This program is funded by the Dept of Health for those over 65 years old and the Dept of Health and Human Services for those under 65 years.