- Location: Port Macquarie NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Homeless
5-10 flexible hrs per week but can vary depending on demands of service.
Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
- Companionship & Social Support
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Marketing, Media & Communications
A life-changing experience!
A positive & genuine attitude!
• Values based and progressive not-for-profit organisation. • AMAZING team of volunteers who operate our van day in and day out. • Endless opportunities for growth and development!
YOUR NEW FAMILY: Orange Sky Australia, founded in 2014 by friends Lucas Patchett and Nicholas Marchesi, is a not-for-profit organisation providing free mobile laundry and shower services to people experiencing homelessness. Through a network of 28+ vans and 2000+ amazing volunteers, our services are now positively connecting communities all around Australia and NZ.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic applicant for our Community Engagement Coordinator position who can help us continue to change the lives of our friends on the street every day!
ABOUT THE ROLE: The Community impact Coordinator will work with the Community Impact Manager to assist with ongoing review of the social impact of shifts in a local service, to develop and execute growth plans for an existing service and in some cases a region.
- Research new shifts
- Attend local homelessness network meetings
- Site visit and risk assess new shifts
- Review current shifts - are we operating in the right places to reach the most friends?
Time Required: Approx 5-10 flexible hours per week but can vary depending on the size and growth of an existing service or during the rollout of a new service . These hours do not include hours on shift as a General Volunteer
This role reports to the Service Leader (day to day), and the Community Impact Manager
For further information about Orange Sky Australia, please visit our website or Facebook page.
Thank you so much for your support!