- Location: Preston VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
You will need to negotiate with the learner driver times that are mutually convenient.
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Driving & Transportation
- Education & Training
- Tutoring & Coaching
Full training will be provided
- Driver's Licence (C)
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
DIVRS’ new pilot Migrant Driver Program is looking for volunteer mentors to support learner drivers from a migrant or refugee background. As their mentor, you will develop and maintain a purposeful, empowering and supportive relationship with the learner, assisting them in gaining the knowledge, experience and confidence required to obtain their Victorian Drivers Licence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Act in the role of a supervising driver and help people from a migrant or refugee background gain the necessary amount of driving experience prior to going for their probationary licence.
• Build a positive relationship with the learner driver, be a positive role model and provide non-judgemental support to the learner driver.
• Meet with the matched learner driver regularly for driving sessions.
• Provide regular feedback to the Project Officer on the progress of the learner driver and the program
We are looking for people who have/are:
• Age 21 years and over and hold a current full Victorian licence
• Respectful and inclusive of cultural backgrounds.
• Good communication skills including a willingness to listen and learn
• Motivated, reliable and confidential, have self-awareness, compassion and empathy
• (or willing to obtain) a current Working with Children Check, National Police Check and Driver History Report, insurance and licence check.
• At least two references must be provided, one professional reference would be recommended.