- Location: Western Australia WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Other
The expected work hours during the first phase (Feb- April) of this role will be around 5 hours/ week, as you begin planning your approach and setting up systems. In preparation for the competition weekend (August) you will be expected to work around 8-10 hours during the second phase (May – August). During the third phase (Sep – Dec) the hours required with decrease as you will be assiting with judging and preparing for the next year.
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
Type of work
- Fundraising & Events
- IT & Web Development
You will be supported and assisted by the Operations Lead. For more information on our organisation structure, please see our volunteers section on our website.
Proven personal communication skills
Competition management experience
Past GovHack or a similar large scale Hackathon experience
Proven time management skills
Proven Leadership or management experience
Previous experience using the Google Suite
You will be required to attend our weekly video conferences (Thursday 6.30PM EDST).
Applicants from anywhere in Australia and New Zealand are welcome. This is an Australia and New Zealand wide position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
As the team leader you will be responsible for managing a small team to assist you in carrying out the following tasks, in conjunction with the Operations Lead:
- Planning and coordinating the GovHack competition in 2020 (14 – 16 August)
- Provide insights and new ideas for the 2020 competition
- Managing the set up of the Competition Framework and Judging systems
- Liasing with the Technology Leader / Team to
- ensure all systems are ready for the GovHack competition
- Liaise with the hackerspace development team to ensure the competition elements are implemented and tested to meet the needs of hackers and judges.
- Ensure all infrastructure and objectives of the competition are met.
- Test all systems and ensure they’re ready during the setup phase, competition phase and judging phase.
- Opportunity to network and experience working with motivated and inspiring people
- Acknowledgements that you helped deliver the largest hackathon in the Southern Hemisphere
A reference can be provided upon completion of a year of volunteering with GovHack
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.