- Location: Across: Brisbane City QLD, Hobart TAS, Adelaide SA, Darwin NT, Perth WA, Sydney NSW, Australian Capital Territory ACT, Melbourne VIC
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
Neighbourhood Connect is a national not for profit community organisation. We are helping people across Australia to create neighbourhood groups - to encourage happier, safer and more connected communities.
Because life is better when we belong.
We have a national project team and neighbour groups in all States and Territories. Everyone involved is passionate about creating and supporting communities. The project is unfunded; we are all contributing on a voluntary basis.
We’re looking for more people to join our Project Team to contribute to the success of Neighbourhood Connect.
To support and develop connections and partnership work between Neighbourhood Connect and other like-minded organisations.
We are looking for people anywhere in Australia who:
- are interested in contributing to a community building project aiming to create a connected neighbourhoods movement
- have good verbal and written communication skills
- self-motivated, organised and reliable
As our Partnerships Developer you will:
- With guidance, identify suitable projects, organisations and people that are potential partners for Neighbourhood Connect.
- Contact potential partners and explore collaboration opportunities (for example, being a ‘Friend and Supporter’ of Neighbourhood Connect, collaborating to get our message to their members, working together to gain funding to deliver workshops for potential Connectors).
- Document outcomes of discussions and liaise with the Leadership Team.
- Collect information and logos for our ‘Friends and Supporters’ page of our website.
What help will we give you?
- Help and advice from the National Manager, Organisational Development Manager and Communications Manager via phone and email.
What will you get from this?
- You’ll be contributing to the success of a national community building project which is making a positive difference in many people’s lives
- Partnership development experience
- The opportunity to use or enhance your communication skills
- Being part of a national project and seeing it grow and develop
- A reference and referee to assist with your career.
Is this a big commitment?
This can be done on top of a busy life. The amount of time you can contribute and when you do this is up to you, but we would like a minimum of half a day a week. Your work is done from your home (there is no office).
Take the next step
Apply with the following:
- why this interests you
- any experience you’ve had with developing partnerships or working with community groups
- your CV
- how much time you could commit
- your contact details.
If you have any questions please call Irene on 0413 706 233.
Please note that this position will be removed when filled so if it interests you, please apply today.