- Location: Enfield SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Times will vary depending on the types of programs that evolve, but it is envisaged that help on various weekdays, from 10.00 - 4.00 and Saturday mornings will be needed. The specific hours for each volunteer will be flexible, but you can anticipate being needed for at least 4 hours.
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People Learning English
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Fundraising & Events
Training is provided
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role be a maximum of 15-16 hours per week.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The host organisation, CareWorks, is working to create a community hub in the heart of Enfield. The aim: to contribute to a strong, connected, resilient community.
The community hub will consist of a cluster of programs which address social, economic and recreational needs of the community. We envisage these programs will include social gatherings, meals, games, fairs, gardening and markets.
To ensure the success of these endeavors, a dedicated band of volunteers will be required to help create this new community space. Specific duties will include opening up, moving furniture, running events, cleaning, and the occasional letter box dropping (only for those with healthy legs!)
You will need to be friendly, thoughtful, respectful, caring and organised.