- Location: Across: Brisbane City QLD, Melbourne VIC, Hobart TAS, Adelaide SA, Darwin NT, Perth WA, Australian Capital Territory ACT, Sydney NSW
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Fundraising & Events
Neighbourhood Connect is a national not-for-profit community organisation. We are helping people across Australia to create neighbourhood groups - to encourage happier, safer and more connected communities. Because life is better when we belong.
We have a national project team and neighbour groups in all States and Territories. Everyone involved is passionate about creating and supporting communities. The project is unfunded; we are all contributing on a voluntary basis.
To lead on fundraising for Neighbourhood Connect
To bring in financial resources to assist Neighbourhood Connect in building its reach across Australia.
- Have been a successful fundraiser in the past
- You are interested in contributing to a community building project aiming to create a connected neighbourhoods movement
- have good leadership and communication skills
- are proactive, self motivated, organised and reliable
As our Fundraising Leader you will:
- Lead on the proposing, planning and implementation of fundraising activities, such as crowd funding, events
- Mentor / guide team members who contribute to fundraising activities
- Contribute to the Neighbourhood Connect Funding strategy
- Placing Neighbourhood Connect on donation giving websites.
What help will we give you?
- Help and advice from members of the Leadership Team via phone and email.
What will you get from this?
- You’ll be contributing to the success of a national community building project which is making a positive difference in many people’s lives
- The opportunity to use and enhance your fundraising and leadership skills
- Being part of a national project and seeing it grow and develop
- A reference and referee to assist with your career.
A minimum time commitment of a half day per week is needed for this role, but this does not have to be done all at once and can be spread throughout the week. Your work is done from your home (there is no office).
Take the next step
Apply with the following:
- why this interests you
- your experience with fundraising and leading an area to achieve outcomes.
If you have any questions please call the National Manager, Irene Opper, on 0413 706 233.