- Location: Darwin NT
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Migrant Services
Minimum of once per month (3 hrs per session) - school hours
Type of work
- Education & Training
Volunteer induction and role specific training will be provided.
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
- Minimum of once per month (3 hrs per session) - school hours
The program This role supports the program to improve public understanding of asylum seekers, refugees and migration by delivering interactive sessions in school forums. All information is presented within a humanitarian framework from a neutral and impartial perspective to allow participants to form their own conclusions.
The opportunity This is the core component of the program. In Search of Safety is the primary schools program. Each session runs for around 90 minutes, and is delivered to up to 35 students in a classroom environment.
The impact These conversations are available to any adult forum. The approach is tailored to the audience but content is similar to the school programs. Length and group sizes vary. For more information, please contact Sabeeha Nihad on 0420 900 953 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.