- Location: St Marys SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
- Monday, Thursday and Friday: 9am - 1pm - Fortnightly Monday evenings: 5pm - 7pm
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People Learning English
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Food Preparation & Service
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role be a maximum of 15-16 hours per week.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Meal Preparation Volunteer responsibilities:
- Working effectively with the kitchen team, and complying with company procedures and food safety policies
- Preparing a workstation with required ingredients and equipment, and keeping station sanitary and organised throughout shift
- Preparing ingredients following recipes and guidelines or direction from the kitchen supervisor
- Basic cooking responsibilities
- Ensuring ingredients are tagged, date-labelled, covered, stored and rotated effectively
- Removing rubbish and recycling
- Cleaning duties each shift regarding surfaces, machinery, appliances, benches, fridges and floors
- Understanding of food preparation fundamentals
- Sound understanding of food allergies, dietary requirements and food borne illnesses.
What are we looking for?
- A willingness to help people
- Welcoming and friendly personality
- Compassion and empathy
- Basic understanding of kitchen operations
- Reliable and committed to at least one shift per week
*This role would suit people with hospitality studies or work experience behind them, retired Chef's and hospitality professionals, students studying a Certificate in Hospitality, Cooking or Food & Beverage or a person who has experience cooking for a large family.