- Location: Across: Hawthorn VIC, Docklands VIC, Heidelberg VIC, Doncaster VIC, Sydney NSW, Melbourne VIC, Darlinghurst NSW, Canberra ACT
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
10 hours weekly (Negotiable)
- People with disability
- Groups of 10 or more
- Families with Children
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Online & Remote Volunteers
Type of work
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Education & Training
- Safety & Emergency Services
- Counselling & Help Line
- Fundraising & Events
- Translating & Interpreting
- Governance, Boards & Committees
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Administration & Office Management
- Research, Policy & Analysis
- Companionship & Social Support
- Writing & Editing
- Disability Support
Every volunteer in DCSS Australia will undertake the training free of charge: - Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO); - Council of Social Services (QCOSS); - Mandate Report Training, for both Victoria and New South Wales; - Others as required and or negotiated.
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
Every application is based on merit, we have minimum standards which must be met by every candidate and position to work with our organisation.
1. Australian Citizenship/Permanent Resident;
2. Relevant Qualifications and Certificates/Registrations;
3. Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within Australia;
4. Great communication and listening skills;
5. Ability to commit the required time for the position and be able to commit to a 12-month position (minimum);
6. Upon engagement, you will be required to have or obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and a National Police Check (NPC), which is conducted alongside our partnered charity agency.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Client Services Manager will act as the head of the general operational client services department for DCSS Australia Inc.
The position will facilitate the design and evaluation of client service management, oversight and delivery, along with development and review of Client service policies and procedures.
In this role, you will be joining an organisation of passionate volunteers offering empathic and unique personalised services within the community.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working closely and building collaborative networks with senior leadership and all internal clients to ensure the strategic plan is achieved and that relevant people and development plans are aligned to meet strategic and operational objectives.
- Contributing to the development, implementation, and monitoring of Client Services initiatives, policies, and procedures based on relevant legislation and contemporary service management practices.
- Active involvement in the client services recruitment process along with HR • Monitoring staff and their performance and coordination of internal training programmes along with HR.
- Administration duties including maintaining calendars of Client services team; compiling reports and maintaining records; arranging meetings, etc.
Knowledge & Skills - Well-Developed knowledge of Client Service functions and procedures - Outstanding organisational and time-management abilities. - Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude, including being able to identify issues and resolve in a timely manner. - Excellent interpersonal and communication (written & oral) skills. - Advanced computer literacy in MS office software.