- Location: Wantirna South VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Other
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Retail & Sales
Full induction and training provided in a friendly and supportive environment.
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Meet new people! Learn new skills! Flexible hours!
LOCATION: Knox Ozone (new location!) Shop 5044 Knox Westfield, 425 Burwood Highway, Wantirna South 3152
DAYS: Mon-Fri 9.30am-5pm
The Brotherhood of St Laurence Community Stores sell donated furniture, clothing and other household items. Our stores in Knox also stock white goods. As well as selling low-cost goods to families and bargain hunters, they also offer a place for community connection.
The Retail Stores Group is part of the Social Enterprises Division of the Brotherhood of St Laurence, which works to provide revenue for the invaluable client services, advocacy and research work undertaken by the Brotherhood of St Laurence. Our social enterprises also encourage and promote environmental sustainability through recycling.
We are currently seeking enthusiastic and committed volunteers to provide a high-quality customer service experience to the public, and to support paid and volunteer staff in the day-to-day operations of the store.
- Welcoming customers into the store, and assisting with any specific needs
- Sorting, cleaning, tagging, pricing, merchandising, selling, and ordering stock
- Ensuring all areas are clean including selling area, sorting area, delivery area, bathroom, kitchen and footpath
- High-level customer service
- Cooperating with colleagues to enhance the team effort
- High-quality people skills, communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Sensitivity to the needs of people from various economic, social and cultural backgrounds
- Interest in retail and recycled goods preferred
- Enthusiasm, reliability, an interest in and commitment to the objectives of the store and the Brotherhood of St Laurence
- Understanding of and sympathy with the values and ideals of the Brotherhood
- Commit to regular weekly or fortnightly shifts for a minimum of 3 months
- Willingness to undergo a Police Check
Time commitment can be as little as half a day a week, with full training provided in a friendly and supportive environment.
To apply for this position please hit the apply button and provide us your contact details and a brief description as why you would like to volunteer in this role.