- Location: Panania NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Education & Training
Hours are approximately 2 hours per week (including preparation) after 2 days of training. Classes are run on Thursday mornings from 11.30 am -12.10 pm.
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Tutoring & Coaching
Short online training and 2 days of face-to-face training. Full training and ongoing support is provided.
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
Volunteers will be asked to complete a criminal history check and working with children check as part of our recruitment process.
Please note wheelchair access can vary at schools - please check with school.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest from those interested in teaching ethics classes at Panania North Public School. The classes teach children how to approach ethical issues and develop their capacity for considered moral judgement, which will enable them to respond more thoughtfully to many of the problems and issues they will face in their lives. Volunteer Ethics Teachers are trained to deliver our age-appropriate curriculum every week and to use the accompanying learning and teaching materials.
No experience is necessary however the best candidate will be someone who;
- Likes working with children and encouraging them to think,
- Has strong communication skills,
- Is available during school terms to teach in the classroom for approximately half an hour per week,
- Can volunteer for at least 12 months on a weekly basis to provide continuity.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.