- Location: Across: Torrensville SA, Mile End SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
Weekdays - 9.00am to 3.00pm Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role be a maximum of 15-16 hours per week.
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
Type of work
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Driving & Transportation
Yes, Car Travel from home to site office
- National Police Certificate *
- Driver's Licence (HR)
- Driver's Licence (C)
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Our organisations Day Program is a social support group for people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds over the age of 65, including those with dementia.
Our clients are offered transport to and from our Western district centre-based care venues, volunteers are welcome to receive a two-course traditional Italian meal for lunch; morning and afternoon tea included as well. As a volunteer you will receive petrol reimbursements for your travels.
No previous experience or skills are required. This is an excellent opportunity to ensure that participants, carers and persons with disability receive services they need to allow them to live safely, independently and with dignity.
- Current Driving Licence (zero tolerance for alcohol and drugs)
- National Police Clearance
- Aged care experience would be preferred.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.